Parma sucess!........... at last!


Those of you who have been following my blog for the last year will no doubt recall last year's parma disaster! (For those of you that haven't here it is http://barrowsbounty.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-first-disaster.html)

Enough to say it was not a roaring success. Thankfully this year things seem to be on the up. Our hams have been hanging in a stable since October and one was finally cut down from the rafters this week. Needless to say it didn't look pretty but was scrubbed down with vinegar to remove all unpleasantness and then ceremoniously cut up ready for eating.

We were a but sceptical about eating it after what happened last year and I cant say I am proud of what happened next but needs must. George our working cocker was hanging round like a bad smell once he got a whiff of the ham and at the same instant both Sandy and I looked at each other and it was decided. George would be our parma Guinea Pig! He seemed keen, if not a little suspicious as to why he was getting such a treat but didn't look the gift horse in the mouth! We monitored him closely over the next few hours and can report that there seemed to be no ill affects other than an almighty thirst.

That was enough convincing for me and after waiting for two years I got my first taste of my own air dried ham! What a revelation. It was super and is now being had with brekkie (with melon), lunch(on a sambo) and dinner (on a pizza). All the hard ache was worth while!

No comments:

Post a Comment